[LEAD2 MOOC Online Workshop Series #2] Academic Leaders in the new Higher Education Contexts: Opportunities and challenges
Date: 26 April 2021
Time: 11:00-12:30 (GMT+1)
Participants: LEAD2 MOOC learners and alumni, interested audience
- Welcoming session (11:00-11:13)
- Opening address and introduction of the structure of the Interactive Session
Moderator: David CASTRO GARCIA
- Welcome address and a brief introduction of LEAD2 Project & LEAD2 MOOC
Prof. Dr Chang ZHU
- Group photo (11:13-11:15)
- Keynote Speech (11:15-11:30)
Keynote Speaker: Prof. Dr Jan CORNELIS
Q&A on Padlet
- Breakout Room Discussion (11:30-12:00)
?? Breakout Room 1: Young academic leaders and leadership
Facilitators: David CASTRO GARCIA & Dimitrios CHARMPIS
- What is young academic leadership?
- Who are young academic leaders?
- What can be the motivations for young academics to act as leaders in university governance practices and processes?
- How can young academic leaders be involved (directly or indirectly) in university governance processes and practices?
?? Breakout Room 2: Competencies for young academic leaders
Facilitators: Jean Claude CAGAS & Khuyen DINH
- What are the essential competencies/characteristics a young academic leader should possess?
- Why should young academic leaders have such competences?
- Which leadership competencies and skills need to be eenhanced?
?? Breakout Room 3: Challenges facing young academic leaders
Facilitators: Yujie XUE & Aysun CALISKAN
- What are the challenges that you have encountered in your leadership career?
- Which strategies do you apply in your professional life to handle the challenges?
- In your view, what are the ways of developing a personal growth path?
?? Breakout Room 4: Academic leadership and internationalisation of higher education institutions
Facilitators: Zhao CHENG & Zhengwen QI
- What are the main priorities and strategies of your university in terms of internationalization?
- In your view, what factors in internationalization have influenced academic leadership and university governance?
- What kind of academic leadership skills are needed in international cooperation in higher education?
- Display of the OKB promotional video (12:00-12:05)
- Breakout Room Discussion Presentation (12:05-12:25)
The representative of each group will have 5 minutes to present the results of their discussion.
- Feedback and Poll & Closing Remark (12:25-12:30)
FULL VIDEO can be found here